Giving a teased-hair nod with this title to the 80’s classic, The Karate Kid and that oh-so-famous line: wax on, wax off. Mr Miyagi was training Daniel-san’s muscles for future battles. Have you ever considered that our surrender to wear a mask is also training our spiritual muscles for future battles? Our natural instinct is to choose ourselves and what we think/like/accept. God is asking us to choose him and trust that his authority is all-together true and good. Join Kate and Rebecca as they deep dive into mask-wearing and share some history that we still surrender to every single time we drive our minivans.
- On March 11, 2020 the Novel Coronavirus Disease, COVID-19, was declared a pandemic by the World Health Organization. On March 13, 2020 a national emergency was declared in the United States concerning the COVID-19 Outbreak.
- To cut the mustard is “to reach or surpass the desired standard or performance” or more generally “to succeed, to have the ability to do something.” Pretty sure Kate’s reference to cut the mustard was a misunderstandment. And yes, cut the cheese does refer to the toots.
- The Miss America Protest of 1969 protested equal rights for women and stood against beauty competitions for women. During the protest they burned bras, hairspray, makeup and mops.
- Jeep Grand Wagoneer is actually coming back for 2021 with a new body style! Check out the original version here.
- Volvo design engineer, Nils Bohlin, patented the first 3-point safety belt in 1958. Title 49 of the United States Code, Chapter 301, Motor Vehicle Safety Standard—took effect in 1968 and required manufacturers to fit seat belts into vehicles.
- New Hampshire is the only U.S. state that does not require adult drivers to wear safety belts while operating a motor vehicle.
- We serve a good God.
- We surrender to a higher authority, God.
- Every time you put your mask on say, “God, you’re in control and I trust you.”
- Surrendering the little things can lead to surrendering the bigger things.
- Sinful-self lives for yourself. Surrendered-self lives for something greater, Jesus Christ.
- James 4:1-10 (Message Translation)
- 2 Corinthians 5:14-15
What is your ONE THING?