Spring weather makes all of us want to do some back porch sittin’. If you’re from the south then it might also include a cold glass of sweet tea. Have you ever considered your back porch as a room of your house? Kate claims it as one of her favorite places to relax and connect with her family. She also shares some pointers for fun playtime with the kids from the comfort of your swivel, patio-chair. You know how some friends inadvertently buy similar clothes or purses? Kate and Rebecca clearly took it to a new level by ending up with the exact same patio furniture. Join them as they chat about backyards, spraying kids with the water hose and looking for God in quiet moments. We invite you to feel the breeze on your cheek and remember those good ole’ summer days. Let’s take our home outdoors and find joy on the back porch!
- Kate and Rebecca’s Back Porch Furniture
- C.S. Lewis: “We may ignore, but we can nowhere evade, the presence of God. The world is crowded with Him. He walks everywhere incognito. And the incognito is not always hard to penetrate. The real labour is to attend. In fact, to come awake. Still more, to remain awake.”
Back to the Bible:
- Luke 10:38-42: Mary and Martha
- Mark 10:13-16: Jesus and Little Children
- Ephesians 5:16: Making the best use of time
- Psalm 16:11: You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.