Podcast: Play in new window | Download
We’re chatting with Jada Edwards on the podcast today! Jada is the Creative Arts Director at One Community Church, which she calls her first baby. She is also the mother of 2 adopted kids, Joah and Chloe. She loves Jesus, the church, teaching, motherhood and wants MORE time alone to just think. She’s a creative who loves the opportunity to dream. Jada also shares the difference between soul care and self care. Soul care is feeding on God’s word and feeling satisfied. True restoration comes from time with God. Jada is currently teaching on the importance of the church. She reminds us that Jesus is the head of the church and established it for a purpose. We gather together at our Father’s house where we find community and fellowship with other believers. This is what the first church did and we should follow their example. Jada is so relatable and funny. Her practical wisdom will bless you as you listen!
Mentions: Jada’s powerful one-liners!
- “Privacy Please!” Try using this in your house when you need time in the bathroom without little fingers poking under the door.
- “Table for One” Try stepping away for a late night date with yourself at a local coffee shop or restaurant. Time to think, time to meet with Jesus and the bonus is you’ll agree with yourself on what to order!
- “Not optional” We make priority for the things are not optional, like feeding our children. Gathering with believers is not optional.
- Acts 2:43, “A deep sense of awe came over them all, and the apostles performed many miraculous signs and wonders. 44 And all the believers met together in one place and shared everything they had. 45 They sold their property and possessions and shared the money with those in need. 46 They worshiped together at the Temple each day, met in homes for the Lord’s Supper, and shared their meals with great joy and generosity— 47 all the while praising God and enjoying the goodwill of all the people. And each day the Lord added to their fellowship those who were being saved.”
- Ephesians 3:10, “His intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms.”
- Galatians 6:9, “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up,”
Join us at The Mom Event! October 22-23; Register HERE
Connect with Jada Edwards: Instagram | Facebook | Website
Support Us: Monthly Donation | One-Time Donation
Connect with Us:
Gather Moms: Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
Kate Henderson: Instagram | Facebook