Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Barbra Streisand’s iconic song lyrics are the inspiration for our podcast today. Rebecca chose to rewrite them just a bit to fit our mom-life even better. Be prepared for the singing because it’s not great, but hopefully your tears will come from laughter and not tingling ears. Our memories, a.k.a. stuff, are all over our HOME and there’s no stopping their end. For as long as children live here, the drawings, artwork, certificates, trophies and random picked flowers and rocks will find their way inside. What do we do with all this lovely, sentimental memorabilia? Do you keep or do you toss? We believe that as the Mom-historian, you get to decide what makes the cut to the personal file folder and what ends up in the trash heap. Remember that our minds are keeping hold of all these precious moments and no one can take that from you! Except maybe the lack of brain space as our lives get even crazier with the passing of time. Our hearts hold a story that no one else knows, until Facebook memories cues the tears and we reminisce for the world to see. Join us as we take a walk down memory lane.
- The Way We Were by Barbra Streisand
- Homecoming Mums – Missouri claims the OG for this as they also hosted the first ever Homecoming football game in 1911. Did you know they started off as real chrysanthemums? Baylor University displayed its first Mum in 1936 and from there Texas put this phenomena on steroids and now one mum is never enough.
- Chatbooks are monthly photo books filled with recent pics from all your adventures.
- FreePrints app is what Kate uses to go back in time and restock her photo boxes with all the memories.
Back to the Bible:
- Scripture tells us, “But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart.” (Luke 2:19)
- Philippians 1:3-6