Back to school, back to reality. Oh how we wish we could reverse course on this pandemic and get back to the old normal. School may look very different for you and all your mom friends this year. Kate and Rebecca are checking in on all things school and throwing it back to their first day of school outfits (do you remember Girbaud shorts??). Whether your kids are learning virtually or in-person, this episode will get all the attitudes, in all the people, ready and willing to make this the best year ever!
- You’ve Got Mail, “I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address.” Watch it and feel all the back to school feels. I guarantee you’ll want to walk the Target school supply aisle afterwards.
- Kate always uses SAT words like psychosomatic which means pertaining to the mind and body.
- Shirts with a knot or tie-front are always worth the purchase.
- Marithé + François Girbaud is an international clothing company based in France and founded by stylists François Girbaud and Marithé Bachellerie in 1972. They were famous for their stone washed, baggy jeans and had their heyday in the 90s. They were worn (backwards, of course) by Kris Kross in their 1992 “Jump” music video. Apparently Kate’s generation wore these and Rebecca’s wore alternating scrunch socks. To each their own!
- Movie bucks rewards inspired by Holly + Brad and you can follow them on instagram @ourfauxfarmhouse
- Be grateful
- Use positive words
- Show respect
- Have courage AND confidence
- Make it FUN
- Philippians 2:14-15 (Message translation)
- Psalm 56:3
What’s your ONE THING?