Gather wouldn’t be here without our sweet friend, Jenny Worsham! She is the visionary behind our Gather groups, the Queen of hospitality and one of the best storytellers you’ll ever meet. She joined the ranks of homeschool mom this past year with her elementary aged kids and is now a zoom expert. Her house is just like yours with a touch of chaos, kid catastrophes and deceased pet fish. She is always up for a theme day and throws the best parties. Today she joins us in the studio to tell us all about her Prayer Closet. Closets hold priceless square footage in our homes because we can never have enough of them. Jenny chose to clean out her under-the-stairs closet to create a special place to spend time with God in prayer. She also brings her kiddos into the closet to pray together and model by example this spiritual discipline.
- War Room is a movie made popular in 2015 and follows Elizabeth Jordan played by Priscilla Shirer as she discovers the power of prayer through her mentor, Miss Clara. She cleans out her master bedroom closet to create a prayer room where her time in prayer literally changes her life and family.
- Jessica Nickerson was our first interview of Season 3: HOME. Listen to it here
- Go follow our friend and Gather Group leader, Jenny Worsham: Instagram
- Check out our Gather groups on our website here
- Use chalkboard paint to paint the wall and then write out all your prayer requests
- Keep a basket of journals and pens to write our your prayers to God
- A comfy chair or blanket adds a cozy touch
- Be intentional and pick a quiet moment to get away and ask God to help you spend time in prayer
- You can create a prayer place anywhere in your home: a comer of your bedroom, a spot at the kitchen table or an early morning on the back porch. Use whatever you have.
Connect with Us: