Come sit around the podcast table as we throw it back to the OG with the very first woman ever created. She was butter to Adam’s bread and jelly to his peanut butter. Apparently food is a good metaphor because it shows up in another OG story called the fall of man. The start of motherhood arrived after Eve’s exit from the Garden of Eden and included pain in childbirth. Sad day for every-MAMA-after! The story of Eve’s family reminds us that no family is perfect. The partnership God created between her and Adam turned to division, carried on to her children and still plagues the human race. Today we say thank you to our OG MAMA who paved the way, and thank you to the MVP OG, Jesus, who came to right the wrong and restore us to one team.
- OG: Original Gangster means exceptional, authentic, or “old-school”
- “Whoomp, there it is!” It was a popular song from the 90’s and now reappears in movies with the just the famous chorus line of ‘whoomp, there it is.” Why only the chorus? Because the rest of the song is all kinds of inappropriate. Trust us on this.
- Episode 18: Leah & Rachel mentioned A Boy Named Sue by Johnny Cash
- Adam named her Eve which means ‘mother of all living’
- Rebecca apologizes for her poor replay of the truth bomb joke.
- The Bible tells us Adam and Eve had three named sons: Cain, Abel and Seth. It also says they had other sons and daughters but we don’t know their names. Adam lived to be 930 years old.
- The parents in Swiss Family Robinson were just called Father and Mother.
- Affronted means deliberate act or display of disrespect; intentional slight; insult
- Creation story of Adam and Eve in Genesis 2
- Fall of man in Genesis 3
- Curse given in Genesis 3:14-19
- Ephesians 6:12
- We battle our spouse because they are our closest relationship. The struggle is usually not them, but our own frustrations and unmet desires.
- We battle our children because they scream for our attention the most. The struggle is real, but they are not our enemy.
- We battle ‘others’ whether it be government, world powers, extended family or anyone who disagrees with us. They are not in a personal competition against us.
- Satan’s goal was to divide us, from each other and our relationship with God.
- Recognize the true enemy. Attack the sin, not the person. Fight against it as one team!
- Look on each other as Image Bearors of the one true God.