It’s the age old question floating around homes across the world. If not yours, then definitely ours! Who forgot to flush?Teaching our kids to do the simplest things can take a lot of hard work and reminding. HABITS! This bonus episode is all about habits and how to teach them both to our kids and ourselves. Join Kate and Rebecca for a lot of laughs…maybe a little gross…but definitely true.
- Wondering where the music went? Us too! First time is apparently not the charm.
- In humans, the small intestine is about 6 meters or 20 feet long and the large intestine is about 1.5 meters or 5 feet long.
- All the articles agree that wearing your shoes from outside to inside your house brings in germs and bacteria. If you want to be grossed out just google it. Maybe the habit of taking off your shoes at the front door is really a winner.
- A habit is an acquired behavior pattern regularly followed until it has become almost involuntary.
- Atomic Habits by James Clear, “Your goals will fail to the level of the systems you put in place.”
- James Clear says, “Every action you take is a vote for the type of person you wish to become.”
- 1619, an audio series on how slavery has transformed America, connecting past and present through the oldest form of storytelling.
- Plan ahead (Kate’s example of setting out her running shoes/socks the night before)
- Reward your good habit (Kate’s example of her first drink of coffee once she sits down with her Bible)
What’s your ONE THING?